CASTLETON INDIVISIBLE is a committed group of grassroots activists working across Rutland County, Vermont. We believe in a vision of America that embraces equality and justice for all, healthcare as a right, diversity as strength, a free press, free and fair elections, the importance of scientific knowledge, and the need to treasure and protect our natural world. We educate ourselves, decide what we need to do, and take action by working at the local, state, and national level. We inform and inspire each other and engage in direct action such as signing petitions, get-out-the-vote campaigns, attending trainings, and participating in marches and rallies. We are inclusive, action-oriented, collaborative, and grounded in the tradition of nonviolent resistance.
“One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice FOR ALL.”
Castleton Indivisible actions:
- Science rally and march in Rutland – 2017
- Charlottesville vigil in Castleton – 2017
- Postcards to Voters – on-going
- Co-sponsored Castleton University Social Justice Fair – 2018
- Families Belong Together March in Rutland – 2018
Our members also work in collaboration with:
- Rights and Democracy Vermont
- Rutland Area NAACP
- The Rutland Country Democratic Party
- The Rutland County Progressive Party
- And other Indivisible chapters
The national Indivisible Project mission is to cultivate and lift up a grassroots movement of local groups to defeat the Trump agenda, elect progressive leaders, and realize bold progressive policies.